News Photos Forum Search Contact History Linkbox Calendar

View Thread
Gongumenn | General | Music
OKJones
Music is funny

Commander

Group: Klikan
Posted on 12-12-2021 01:40
So i have been pestered by Boddin the last few times we have met to give the doors a chance, because they are according to Boddin and millions of other people great. Fine. So i have started up Spotify and the doors have over 800 million listens just on their top 5 songs. Now I told Boddin that I don't really like the doors, but as we speak i'm listening to their self entitled album.

I'm on song nr. 9 as we speak.

The overall feeling so far is a sensation of wanting to puke, like I have taken too much drugs, im not kidding.

Ok, let's get into the music. I don't get the fascination. The singing seems a bit karaoke, a bit lazy, and his tone or tamber isn't very great. I'll admit he sounds a lot better when he gets rid of the hot potato singing and just belts, like on Break on Through. The drumming is what it is, drum sounds weren't great back then, but overall a bit meh and not very tight at all, but pretty got on The End. The keyboards are probably the most annoying part for me, overall they sound out of tune, or the whole band is out of tune to the keyboard, I don't know. I know he plays a hell of dissonant notes, but they all sound dissonant to me. The keyboard tone is annoying as fuck, overall. The guitar awfull tone and very lazily played, the bends are all over the place, and a lot of bum notes, imperfection overload. Although he has some cool licks and riffs here and there.

Maybe I just don't get the doors, I know a lot of people do, and that's whats funny with music.

Rant over.

btw the best song for me on the album is Back Door Man.

Why would I want to end every post the same way?

Edited by OKJones on 12-12-2021 01:42
Norlander
RE: Music is funny

Field Marshal

Group: Administrator, Klikan, Regulars, Outsiders
Posted on 12-12-2021 20:17
Maybe you need to be stoned?

The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.
- John Kenneth Galbraith

OKJones
RE: Music is funny

Commander

Group: Klikan
Posted on 16-12-2021 00:31
Norlander wrote:
Maybe you need to be stoned?

smiley

Why would I want to end every post the same way?

Jump to Forum:
Back to front page