OKJones
RE: Gongumenn Racing

Commander

Group: Klikan
Posted on 03-06-2013 17:01
Vuzman wrote:
Norlander wrote:
Top speed 39kmh - wtf?smiley

Given 360 m and 32ish seconds, that has to be the average speed. Maybe the meaning is supposed to be "top average speed out of all laps"?

The text was "Bedste hastighed" so it might well be average speed, I'm not sure.

Why would I want to end every post the same way?

Vuzman

Admiral

Group: Klikan, Outsiders, Administrator, Regulars
Posted on 22-05-2014 01:04
Stats have been updated. Three races so far this year; one very wet race, one hour long race with a couple hung-over quitters, and the last one was earlier this evening with our newly-operated visiting patient, who, in his first race at Roskilde, became the Gonguman with the third best time. Impressive!

Norlander and I set new personal bests, but this is probably influenced by a slight change in the track layout. One of the two chicanes (the one involved in this crash) has been straightened almost completely, and the other has been adjusted slightly, but it's almost impossible to tell. The owner did say that he hadn't seen any changes in the times, though.

Link to the stats can be found in the very first post in this thread.

When I kill her, I'll have her
Die white girls, die white girls

Edited by Vuzman on 22-05-2014 01:06
http://flickr.com/photos/heini/ Send Private Message
Vuzman

Admiral

Posted on 17-06-2014 14:44
The new track layout at Roskilde. The changes I mentioned earlier have been made at #6 and #13. The change at #6 is the only one that's really visible on the map. Compare with the old layout.

Click the image for bigger version:

Edited by Vuzman on 17-06-2014 14:49
Vuzman

Admiral

Posted on 27-06-2014 13:47
We were out racing this weekend, with a guest appearance by Torellion himself, who unfortunately didn't seem to find his form. Also, we had a newcomer, Uni, who performed excellently on his first ever race at Roskilde. His fastest lap was better than mine on the day (though Boddin's was even better), and he even managed to overtake me once, although I managed to get him back and take the win.

I added Uni and Martin to the racing sheet at #3 and #5 (based on fastest ever lap time). I am quite impressed by Martin's #5 spot, since he is at 115+ kg, and heavier than at least some of the 5 guys slower than him.

I also added some coloring to the fastest lap of each race, and the winner of each race. A surprising pattern emerged... wink wink nudge nudge smiley

(As always, a link to the racing sheet can be found in the first post in this thread)

Edited by Vuzman on 27-06-2014 13:50
Vuzman

Admiral

Posted on 14-08-2014 22:52
The race that took place right before the G14 tour has now been entered into the racing sheet.

We were 9 racers, 3 of which had not raced at Roskilde before. Norlander and Vester set new personal bests, and bested Sideshow's best lap time, but were overtaken by two of the newcomers, OKJones and Spiff, who in turn were overtaken by an impressive new personal best by Torellion.

(As always, a link to the racing sheet can be found in the first post in this thread)

Edited by Vuzman on 14-08-2014 22:53
Vuzman
Oh, how the mighty have fallen...

Admiral

Posted on 06-10-2014 20:23
So, this weekend's race didn't quite go my way. I don't like to blame my failures on circumstance, but in this case I think it is warranted. The kart I was assigned was completely useless. I noticed this as soon as the light turned green. I stepped on the accelerator and steered into the middle, and expected to race past a few of the slow-reacting people. Except, nothing happened. As a couple karts flew by me, and one bumped into me from behind, the engine slowly came to life with a sputter, and I sensed movement. By now, most, or all, of the karts that started behind me, had passed me.

I applied my superior skills, and overtook quite a few of what must have been first-time drivers, but my skills only seemed to have effect in turns and chicanes; as soon as I was on a straight stretch, the other karts overtook me again. With ease.

After a few laps, I had had enough. I drove off the track at the control tower, and shouted at the race official, demanding a new kart. The race official was reluctant at first, but then said, 'eh whatever, take this one', and pointed to a kart that was standing by. I got in, and zoomed off. By now, I was dead last.

I raced a couple of laps, and got the checkered flag, indicating that the first heat was over, and we had to line up for the second, and final, heat. In the first turn after I got the new kart, the kart had slid all over the place. I assumed that the lack of grip was due to cold tires, and that the kart would get more grip after a couple laps, as the tires got warm.

This was not to be. I kept sliding in the turns, and in duels it seemed like the other karts just needed to graze my kart to cause me to spin off the track. After a few laps I decided that the tires had to be warm. I had given up on getting a podium finish, but I needed to step up my game if I was to avoid total humiliation. As I went into the long straight, I overtook a few karts, and decided to try my patented brake-blocking technique as I took the hairpin turn leading out of the straight. As soon as my left foot got close to the brake pedal, I spun out. Again. The karts I had just overtaken passed me on both sides. Warm or not, the tires just didn't have enough grip. I drove the rest of the race with slight modifications to my regular style, in order to preserve the modicum of grip that these useless tires provided.

I did manage to overtake some karts before the final checkered flag, and, considering the circumstances, I think finishing in eighth place, out of 24, is not that bad at all. I had started almost the end of the pack, got a kart with no power, stopped to switch karts, got a new kart with power, but without the ability to turn, and still finished in front of 16 other racers. Not bad, not bad at all, I thought to myself as I removed my helmet and stepped out of the pit lane.

Then I met Boddin, already half undressed. And then Uni. Norlander was there too. They had all finished ahead of me. Their faces beamed, the eyes gleamed, their voices giddy with excitement. This had never happened before. Many times in their dreams, but never in real life. They had finished in front of Vuzman. The Vuzman. The Legend. Was he human, or was he racer?

It turns out, he was merely human.

PS: The racing sheet has been updated. As always, a link can be found in the first post in this thread.

PPS: Also, my aunt was sick.

Edited by Vuzman on 06-10-2014 20:27
Norlander

Admiral

Group: Administrator, Klikan, Regulars, Outsiders
Posted on 06-10-2014 21:14
Excuses excuses, we were bettersmiley

The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.
- John Kenneth Galbraith

OKJones

Commander

Posted on 06-10-2014 21:21
Worst excuse ever. And the 500 word essay just points out what a sore loser you are smiley

PS: Had the exact same problems as you the last time round. Foot down and no power at all, really light people just flying by me in the straights. That's racing for us fat fucks smiley

Norlander

Admiral

Posted on 06-10-2014 21:27
OKJones wrote:
That's racing for us fat fucks smiley

Excuse me? You don't way more that a buck o'fivesmiley

- John Kenneth Galbraith

Jogvanth

General

Posted on 06-10-2014 21:32
Yeah, those light-weight cry-babies are such sore loosers smiley

No decision is so fine as to not bind us to its consequences.
No consequence is so unexpected as to absolve us of our decisions.
Not even death.
-R. Scott Bakker. 'The Prince of Nothing'

www.gongumenn.com Send Private Message
OKJones

Commander

Posted on 06-10-2014 21:35
Norlander wrote:
OKJones wrote:
That's racing for us fat fucks smiley

Excuse me? You don't way more that a buck o'fivesmiley

I weigh way more than that, probably about a buck o'six?

Norlander

Admiral

Posted on 14-10-2018 17:22
Update the stats!

- John Kenneth Galbraith

Vuzman

Admiral

Posted on 15-10-2018 16:33
Updated

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Jump to Forum: