News Photos Forum Search Contact History Linkbox Calendar

View Thread
Gongumenn | General | General Discussion
Norlander
Trump

Admiral

Group: Administrator, Klikan, Regulars, Outsiders
Posted on 12-11-2016 09:07
There are so many issues with this that I decided to put them into a forum thread. I don't believe it will lack content over the next 4 years (or however long he lasts as President).

Since the US election I've been in somewhat a state of shock, mostly because history teaches us that shifts like this can bring about real change (and often for the worse). To me the most important issues with him are of course foreign and global policies, after all I don't live in his country and won't be subject to whatever theocratic horrors his party now has planned, but those foreign and global issues are filled with potential bombshells - both figuratively and literally.

His stance on NATO and Russia might send us living along the Baltic coast to a horrendous fate. His climate change denial will in all likelihood scuttle the Paris agreement, and keep US running on coal, oil and gas until the rest of the World has moved on.

His transition team is filled with republican party establishment figures, and lobbyists from coal, tobacco and banks. The republican congress has decided to go for broke on these issues, together with massive tax-cuts for the wealthy and privatizing their medicare health system.

Listening to the latest episode of Waking Up with Sam Harris wasn't helping me get past this issue, but a reddit post did. Sometimes it takes an Italian to give his viewpoint. The gist is that Trump is more like Berlusconi than Mussolini, and with that we have a shot of keeping the western world alive until saner people take over after the next US election.

Anyhow if you find some interesting links about our Trumpian future please post them here.

Waking Up episode:

How did Trump win? the 538 podcast delved into this.

The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.
- John Kenneth Galbraith

Edited by Norlander on 12-11-2016 10:23
Norlander
RE: Trump

Admiral

Posted on 12-11-2016 10:10
Bill Burr: Nothing will change.

One can only hope...

- John Kenneth Galbraith

Vuzman

Admiral

Group: Klikan, Outsiders, Administrator, Regulars
Posted on 22-11-2016 13:19

“Hail Trump, hail our people, hail victory!” is how Richard B. Spencer greeted an audience of more than 200 attendees of an alt-right conference Washington D.C. He was met with enthusiastic cheers and Nazi salutes.

Read the full article: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/richard-spencer-speech-npi/508379/

When I kill her, I'll have her
Die white girls, die white girls

Edited by Vuzman on 22-11-2016 13:20
http://flickr.com/photos/heini/ Send Private Message
Norlander

Admiral

Posted on 22-11-2016 15:59
Yeah, noticed this as well, ended pretty high up on reddit, it's from the same event. I don't know much about her, but this line made it for me.

Why is a Vietnamese-American woman named after a Mexican liquor aligning herself with white racists? Who knows? You may want to save your outrage over this — you’re going to need it for other things.

I'm starting to laugh at all of this, it's absurd in a funny way how the Western world is edging ever closer to meltdown - a cheese-in-a-can fueled meltdown.

Started reading more old dystopian sci-fi, got to find comfort somewhere.

- John Kenneth Galbraith

Edited by Norlander on 22-11-2016 16:05
Vuzman

Admiral

Posted on 11-01-2017 16:17
According to Source D, where s/he had been present, TRUMP's (perverted) conduct in Moscow included hiring the presidential suite of the Ritz Carlton Hotel, where he knew President and Mrs OBAMA (whom he hated) had stayed on one of their official trips to Russia, and defiling the bed where they had slept by employing a number of prostitutes to perform a 'golden showers' (urination) show in front of him.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kenbensinger/these-reports-allege-trump-has-deep-ties-to-russia

Edited by Vuzman on 11-01-2017 16:22
Norlander

Admiral

Posted on 10-05-2017 07:59
Things are moving fast into Nixon territory now. Yesterday Trump fired the Director of the FBI, today it was revealed that grand jury subpoenas have been issued in the FBI's probe on Russian hacking in the election.

People have begun to discuss this post from 2017-04-01 regarding what is likely to have happened.

- John Kenneth Galbraith

Vuzman

Admiral

Posted on 11-05-2017 12:57

Jump to Forum:
Back to front page