News Photos Forum Search Contact History Linkbox Calendar

View Thread
Gongumenn | General | General Discussion
Norlander
Mildly interesting/funny/useful stuff found on the interwebs

Field Marshal

Group: Administrator, Klikan, Regulars, Outsiders
Posted on 23-06-2015 11:30
Don't know where to post this, so made a new thread for random stuff that might interest someonesmiley

Ran across these comments in a Reddit thread, which wisely made me not click on the link they had clicked on.
(something about human botflies - with those comments I'm not fucking peeking at that)

My wife was eating. I described a bot fly. She's not eating anymore and I'm sleeping on the couch.
Thanks

I googled bot flies and am now looking for whiskey to drown away these images. I think my boss will understand. Else I'll just send him a link to some pictures and he'll be too busy bleaching his eyes to notice.

The kind of images that say "boy, i think tonight's a good night to get black out drunk and pretend it never happened"

Yeah you guys convinced me not to google it. Thanks, I guess.

The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.
- John Kenneth Galbraith

OKJones
RE: Mildly interesting/funny/useful stuff found on the interwebs

Commander

Group: Klikan
Posted on 19-01-2016 12:45
Found this facebook post by Mike Portnoy(the legendary Hello Kitty drummer) interesting as all our heroes are dying like flyes, lately.

An Open Letter & THANK YOU from Mike Portnoy

I hate to be overly emotional (& morbid), but with the recent passing of Bowie, Lemmy & Chris Squire (all approx aged 70), it's dawned on me that we are about to enter a new unprecedented era of Rock & Roll deaths...

I know it's horrible to think of, but the reality is that all of our musical heroes that emerged in the 1960's & 1970's are now entering their 70's & 80's...

It's crazy to think of a world without Paul McCartney or Elton John or Mick Jagger...but it's very possible that that time may be approaching sooner than later.
It's a sad, stone cold reality....

I've always hated when artists pass away and only THEN do they get the love and recognition they deserve...(ex: Bowie scoring his FIRST #1 album in the US this week)

So I'd like to take this moment to thank my biggest living musical heroes while they are still alive for changing my life for the better and making me who I am:

Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Pete Townshend, Roger Daltrey, Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Nick Mason, Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, Brian May, Roger Taylor, John Deacon, Brian Wilson, Charlie Watts, Mick Jagger, Elton John, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jon Anderson, Bill Bruford, Steve Howe, Rick Wakeman, Alan White, Robert Fripp, Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Mike Rutherford, Steve Hackett, Tony Banks, Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Bill Ward, Ian Paice, Roger Glover, Ian Gillan, Richie Blackmore, Ace Frehley, Peter Criss, Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson & Neil Peart....(and thousands of other musicians & bands that followed...)

THANK YOU from this humble drummer as well as on behalf of millions of others around the world whose lives you have touched with your tremendous talents and passion...may you still be here for decades to come, but I wanted to thank you NOW while we are all still here....

And To Keith Richards: thank you as well...and please take care of this planet for my grandchildren after we're all gone...

With Love & Respect,
MIKE PORTNOY

Why would I want to end every post the same way?

Edited by OKJones on 19-01-2016 12:46
Vuzman

Admiral

Group: Klikan, Outsiders, Administrator, Regulars
Posted on 19-01-2016 15:36
OKJones wrote:
Mike Portnoy(the legendary Hello Kitty drummer)

Uhm... ok.

When I kill her, I'll have her
Die white girls, die white girls

Edited by Vuzman on 19-01-2016 15:36
http://flickr.com/photos/heini/ Send Private Message
OKJones

Commander

Posted on 19-01-2016 16:59
Vuzman wrote:
OKJones wrote:
Mike Portnoy(the legendary Hello Kitty drummer)

Uhm... ok.

Why would I want to end every post the same way?

Norlander

Field Marshal

Group: Administrator, Klikan, Regulars, Outsiders
Posted on 29-05-2016 23:29
Doug Stanhope visited the Joe Rogan experience, talking about friends and fellow comics while drinking heavily. Several gems along the 3 hour talk.

The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.
- John Kenneth Galbraith

Boddin

Regular

Posted on 16-05-2018 12:20
From comments on Youtube Led Zeppelin I

John Allen
I saw them live in I think it was 1969. Nobody had heard of them and so the Cleveland Auditorium only had about 100 people in it when they started. I was just sitting in the first row right behind the speakers and all of a sudden the lights went out and then the band jammed into "Communications Breakdown." We were literally blown back in our seats. It was one of the best concerts I've ever been to and I'll never forget it.?

And along came this reply

DaveKraft1
Yeah, me too in Chicago. There was this place called (alternately) the Kinetic Playground/Electric Theater. You'd go in for $5 and hear 3-4 bands usually. One night we stumbled in on a local band called The Litter, followed by some English band called Savoy Brown Blues Band (boogie anyone? 'til the break of dawn...); another strange English act called -- Jethro Tull, whoever they were. And batting cleanup -- Zep. Best $5 I ever spent.

Damn right about those 5$

smiley

Jump to Forum:
Back to front page